1. How did you get into the industry?
Mai had background in banking while, David had a background in 10 years of aerospace engineering. When Mai heard about eyelash extensions, she immediately got into the lashing industry due to the fast growing of demand for beauty. After 4 years of dedications and hardworking, Mai opened her salon. David quit his engineering to join her in expanding their business.
We have always wanted to help enhancing individuals’ unique features therefore bringing self-confidence in their look through the art of eyelash extensions and permanent makeup. We pride ourselves in providing the most quality tools in order to achieve excellent services. Our mission is “To provide the best quality services while maintaining prices affordable.” Through the way we train our staffs in special techniques that set us apart to prices, we have grown exponentially. This is how we consistently build our business model.
2. What’s new in the business or in the franchise model?
There are many salons in the lashing industry. Very few that grows as fast as we have grown. Our business model is completely different than others in a way that we focus on training the right people, retaining these talents and in returns attracting more clients. Besides from this, we also scale our business accordingly by providing quality products and tools that, ensure staffs to be the most effective and efficient as they can be. Therefore, boosting sales as a whole.
3. Where do you see opportunities or challenges for the franchise/business moving forward?
Opportunity: Growing exponentially in multiple locations.
Challenges: Finding the right partnership to grow together.
4. What is your goal for the business moving forward?
We want our brand to be recognized nationally.
5. Talk to us about training and support and how do you deliver.
Mai will provide trainings in the technical aspects or eyelash extensions. You, as the business owners and your lead artist, will come to the headquarter to learn ALL about eyelash extensions, how to apply, how to efficiently execute them that sets you apart from your competitors, how to train your team to be effective with their work that ensure they are booked full at all time.
Both David and Mai will provide insights, sharing and teaching you how to run your team effectively to boost sales for your business, the ins and outs, marketing, build-outs, elements that make a business successful, etc.
Most importantly, we are always here for you providing business consultant service when you need in order to run your business smoothly and effectively.
6. Your most difficult moment at the business?
Our salon model is unlike any other studios/lash places out there in a way that is different. We provide an upscale atmosphere through the layout and other elements, while quick pace (i.e., every staff gets a new client every 45 minutes – 1 hour), quality work, yet affordable. Clients visiting from other States love these combined aspects! Clients are willing to travel to our location to receive the services here because it is quick, effective, and affordable. Therefore, our biggest challenge right now is to be able to replicate our model here elsewhere in order to service clients.
7. Define your franchise model:
- Training and Support Model?
- Onboard 2 days training. Everything from technicality to marketing, employee management, operational aspects, etc. However, you can stay as long as you need in order to feel 100% confident to bring what you learn to implement into your business.
- Lifetime support in business consulting.
- What is the Fee Structure?
- $25.000 initial investment.
- 6% annual royalty fee.
- 1% annual marketing fee.
- Territory Definition?
Every franchisee gets their own territory based on a population of 50,000 to 100,000.
8. What does your franchisee do in the business every day?
It depends on the number of owners that managerial tasks can be split accordingly.
- Scenario 1: If there are 2 owners who will equally contribute to the business.
- Owner 1 handles all the technicality aspects meaning quality checking, training employees, customer service, etc. This role will replace the lead artist role.
- Owner 2 will handle all the behind-the-scenes, this includes marketing/advertising, payroll, employee management, paperwork (i.e. renewing insurance, legal, etc.)
- Scenario 2: If there is only 1 owner or only 1 owner who will be responsible for the whole business. You would need to hire a Lead artist / Manager role. The Lead Artist / Manager role will take care of the above responsibilities of “Owner 1.” You will be responsible for “Owner 2” tasks and perhaps a little more because your Lead Artist / Manager may need your assistance in the beginning.
9. Who is the ideal franchise candidate?
- Anyone with the interest for the Beauty / Lash industry with business minded.
- Anyone who have experience in the Lash industry, want to open their business and need business mentors.
10. What goals do you have for the franchise model in the future?
To grow and be recognized nationally. Although most importantly, to provide an upscale experience with great quality while quick and effective with affordable pricing.
For more information on the franchise, visit the site: http://mailashfranchise.com/